Friday, August 21, 2015

Journey To Live Wellness

In Summer of 2013 - July, to be exact - I began the 21 Day Sugar Detox because I was, frankly, sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  I didn't feel myself anymore... and I didn't like it.  Since then, I've been on a journey of healing for my gut, pains, and inflammations.  My invisible illnesses.  I've been on a journey to live wellness and find my center again.

Support has been mixed, but I've persevered anyways.  I've discovered Paleo and clean eating.  For the first time in my life, I truly understand the meaning of "lifestyle change," something I heard multiple times in my Weight Watchers days in high school, thought I understood, but, really, I didn't... until now.

I've been on a journey of eliminating chemicals, preservatives, and artificial-ness from my foods to better my gut and reduce inflammation.  I'm going greener with my products (although I already did that on some level as it was) and ramping up my eco-friendliness even more.  Since starting my handmade business over 6.5 years ago, I've continued to ramp up my support of handmade and local in as many areas of life as I can.  Recently, I discovered my naivete in assuming all products are cruelty free so Sephora, Etsy, and I are having an extreme love affair right now to slowly switch me to cruelty free, high quality products as I run out of the old stuff.

My most recent venture?  Le-vel Thrive.  Despite my efforts, I have a LOT of hurdles to overcome to heal my body.  Genetics, meds, environment.  It's all taken its toll.  And while I've come a long way over 2 years, I still need more to plug in those nutritional gaps.  Because, really, who can realistically eat everything in a day that they "recommend" for health?!  I felt the difference right away because, YES, nutrition MAKES A DIFFERENCE in the way we feel.  And it saddens me that is not common knowledge.

So this is my journey to live wellness.  Documented in a blog so you can learn right along with me.  I'm excited to start this venture, another outlet for another passion of mine.  You get to learn with me, be educated with me, and make a difference in the world with me.

And I couldn't be happier about that.

So

thank you

for coming along.

I'm excited to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment